Monday 16 June 2014

Game Tutor Game #1 - Threes

The iTunes gaming tutor said that this game was "an ideal entry point." I agree it has an elegant design, is easy to play and understand and is addicting. It is made for my iphone so I can play everywhere. The object of the game it to slide tiles together to add up numbers by 3's. As you slide the tiles to do this is makes room for additional tiles to fill in the extra space. The board is a 4 x 4 square. Whenever like numbers come together they make cute noises but I ended up turning that off. I wish there was an undo button. Maybe in their next update!

At first I was just happy to be adding up and increasing the points I got. Then I discovered that a challenge was to get the highest number in the square. My highest overall score is 4,041 and the highest add up was only 192. Is this good? Just went over to Ryan Clark's Website Brace Yourself Games to find some tips on playing and his high number is 28,077! Wow - I need to read his tips!

So now I need to understand why iTunes included this as the first game of becoming a Gamer. I think that is was so easy to learn to play and very simple. There are some strategies to the game that I was trying to discover as I played. I think this is what keeps us motivated to keep playing the game because you know you can do it! I found myself getting a little frustrated but powered on! Now to move on to the next game.

No comments:

Post a Comment